9/9 From Rome to Home




Saturday morning was one last slice of breakfast cake followed by one final train ride to the airport. Luggage was taken away by the worker bees and we boarded to start the 8.5 hours of air time west bound to Philadelphia. We got lucky that Simi's trick to keep the seat next to me empty worked as I was able to enjoy some leg room with no one next to me. I'm not good at cat napping so I watched 4 movies in a row, stopping to stretch and walk the aisle during the credits of each. The food supplied by the airline was actually pretty good, and they even gave us some gelato. How fitting!
Back in America it was easy to get from Philly to Columbus where our friends were kind enough to pick us from the airport. We shared brief highlights of the trip over some milkshakes and cheeseburgers. That night we were crashing hard on jet lag and it was so nice to have sleep in Sunday in our own bed. We were also super appreciative to know going back home, everything was in order at the house. We are lucky enough to have amazing neighbors who kept an eye on the place for us, as well as watered the plants while we were gone!

Apologies for the delay in getting this recap posted. I had a few requests already for the existence of the trip recap but those bumped aside as we wanted to get back into the realities of life (work!) first. Thankfully I found some evenings in which to get words on paper.
If you've made it this far, then I thank you for reading. I took a journal with me and recapped each day's highlights in little blurbs that I've expanded out into a pretty crazy recap. I can't thank Simi enough for an amazing 10 year anniversary trip. We had planned it for almost a year when the Formula One calendar was released way back in the fall of 2016. She booked all those high speed trains, and places to sleep and researched and booked the tours we took. I just enjoyed the ride! Here's to another insanely long trip / vacation recap in another 5 years to celebrate the 15th year of her putting up with me! - Ninja edit by Simi... i like that he thinks our next long trip is going to be 5 years away... hehe!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QoHEwPyPypG2Y0MB2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/4 Modena/Marinello/Bologna

9/5 Venice

8/30 Lucerne